A Quick Glossary of Genetic Terms
Adapted from Dawkins, The Extended Phenotype
- A disproportionate relationship between size of a body
part and size of the whole body.
- Phase of the cell division during which the paired
chromosomes move apart.
- Foreign bodies, usually protein molecules, which provoke the
formation of antibodies.
- A chromosome that is not one of the sex chromosomes.
- A triplet of units (nucleotides) in the genetic code, specifying
the synthesis of a single unit (amino acid) in a protein chain.
- The entire collection of genes possessed by one organism.