Teach Yourself Unix System Administration in 24 HoursBy Dave Taylor
Featuring Red Hat Linux, Mac OS X, and Solaris!
In just 24 lessons of one hour or less, you will learn how to maintain and administer any type of Unix system, from an individual Mac OS X workstation to a sophisticated Linux system, to a powerful Solaris enterprise server. Using a straightforward, step-by-step approach, each lesson builds on the previous one, allowing you to learn the essentials of UNIX system administration from the ground up.
Learn how to ...
• add new disks and partitions to your Unix system
• manage users, suspend accounts, and limit disk space utilization
• configure and run a free Web server, including virtual hosts
• create a backup scheme that works and is maintenance free
• write wicked cool shell scripts to eliminate the tedium of admin tasks
• hook your Unix system up to the LAN and Internet the safe way
• work with Unix package management systems
• customize your Unix environment for maximal efficiency